Tuesday, May 13, 2008

KORKUSUZ KAPTAN SWING (CAPTAIN SWING THE FEARLESS) -New DVD

As a passionate lover of most italian 60's fummetti comics I was shocked to learn that the Turks had made a film adaptation for IL COMANDANTE MARK (1966) a.k.a CAPTAIN SWING a.k.a CAPTAIN MARK.

And this, among other reasons, is what motivated me to start ONAR 3 years ago.

I used to read AND collect the greek edition of the comic back in the 70's and I'm proud to say I have 100's of those precious mags.
Here, Captain Swing first appeared in the late 60's in his own mag called SWING. It only ran for a couple of issues and it was then incorporated in a triple-bill mag called OBRAX (out of... TOM BRAKS). This one ran about 240 issues. Right after that he appeared in JAGUAR mag, among many other heroes which ran about 30 issues. Finally, during the late 80's he appeared in PERIPETEIA (ADVENTURE) in a double bill with TOM BRAKS again, for over 100 issues.

So, in my new DVD coming out late June, I'll include a photogallery of a few of those amazing Greek magazines.

You can of course visit my offial site http://www.onarfilms.com/ for more info about the DVD extras.

Finally, let me stress out that this release is a "prova generale" for the "Turkish Western" genre! That is, if this release sells well I'll sure go on and release more Turkish spaghetti westerns. And if you study my Turkish Fantastic Cinema Guide booklet insert in KIZIL TUG CENGIS HAN dvd you will find out there were dozens of them made over there!

In a few days I'll announce my next release for September which will be another novelty in my agenda! You see, ONAR is here to support not only Superhero stuff but ALL genres of Turkish Fantastic Cinema.

The bigger your support, the more films I'll be able to release....

7 comments:

The Gambler said...

Hi Bill,
I've received the 40 page booklet on turkish cinema, and I was stunned to discover that the turks had made at least two films about Zagor. I don't know if Zagor got in Greece as well, with a name change or not. But here in Italy Zagor is HUGE, so it would be really, really cool to hunt down those movies and release them! :)

ONARFILMS said...

I'm afraid I have to repeat that both Zagor films are lost.
Many times someone has come up saying "I found them!" or "Someone told me they have them!" but ALL of them were lying!

ONARFILMS said...

I'm afraid I have to repeat that both Zagor films are lost.
Many times someone has come up saying "I found them!" or "Someone told me they have them!" but ALL of them were lying!

The Gambler said...

Aww, what a shame :(

Oh well, I'll be sure to support your upcoming release of Golden Boy. Judging from the trailer the picture quality is pretty high! Apart from Cellat, which of your releases so far have the best picture quality in your opinion?

ONARFILMS said...

Well, quality similar to Cellat and Altin Cocuk, so far, have these:
KILINK SOY VE OLDUR, OLULER KONUSMAZ KI, ASKA SUSAYANLAR, KARANLIK SULAR, KADIN DUSMANI, DEMIR PENCE KORSAN ADAM, DEMIR YUMRUK DEVLER GELIYOR.

The Gambler said...

Thanks - I'm very tempted by Kadin Dusmani, which seems to be the best looking B&W and also an interesting giallo.

I suppose the quality of the trailers on youtube isn't always an indicator of the quality of the main feature (cellat looks better than its trailer, for example).

I'm just a newcomer to this cinema so forgive me if my questions are very noobish. Cheers!

ONARFILMS said...

No worries Gambler!

Right, the quality of the actual dvd's is def better than the trailers!